Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Are you an existing worker in the building and construction industry looking to learn new and important skills that will help you to further your career in construction?
The Short Courses program provides funding to assist with upskilling and cross skilling existing workers in the building and construction industry. Short Courses are individual competencies and skills sets designed to provide flexible solutions to workers wanting to update their skills and knowledge in specific and targeted areas.
Short Courses – Civil Construction
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIIHAN309E Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
- RIIMPO317E Conduct roller operations
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO319D Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO321E Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- RIIMPO323D Conduct civil construction dozer operations
- RIIMPO324E Conduct civil construction grader operations
- RIIMPO325D Conduct civil construction scraper operations
- RIIMPO326D conduct civil construction water cart operations
- RIIMPO337D Conduct articulated haul truck operations
- RIIMPO338D Conduct rigid haul truck operations
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Short Courses – General Construction
- CPCCLDG3001 Licence to perform dogging
- TLILIC0012 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
- TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- TLILIC4009 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes)
Are you working in the Queensland building and construction industry but don’t hold a formal qualification?
The SAGT program provides training and assessment services to enable existing workers and new entrants to have their skills and experience recognised, and to access gap training required to obtain a nationally recognised building and construction qualification.
Under this funding program, Ascent Training Solutions will identify the skills you already have, and provide the gap training you need to attain a nationally recognised qualification.
Skills and Gap Training – Civil Construction
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations)
- RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Pipe Laying)
Skills and Gap Training – General Construction
- CPC30313 Certificate III in Concreting
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape construction
Are you working in the construction industry and seeking to increase your knowledge or move into a higher-level role in general or civil construction?
The Higher Level Skills program is targeted to existing workers in the building and construction industry to assist in career development and is designed to help you gain new skills and knowledge.
Higher Level Skills Program
- RII40715 Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision
For funding and student contribution fees please see the ‘Construction Skills Queensland’ section in our Student handbook.
For more information please head to the CSQ website or
call us today to check your eligibility for your chosen program 07 3865 4926Enquire Now