BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint Union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The fund which was previously known as the Queensland Construction Training Fund (QCTF) was established in 1991 to enable industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs.
WHO DOES BERT HELP
BERT Training Fund (BTF) assists in the training of workers in the building and construction industry who are members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT). Through skills training, workers can increase their skills, knowledge and expertise. This leads to better employment options, higher wages and a more productive industry. BTF will provide assistance in both the trade and non-trade occupations and in the building, civil and engineering construction sectors of the industry. The applicant may either be employed or unemployed.
If you are a member of BERT, you may be eligible for funding from BERT Training Fund (BTF) to reimburse the costs of certain courses.
WHATS THE PROCESS
- STEP 1 – Make sure that you are a BERT member. Not a member? Become a member here
- STEP 2 – Complete the BERT Training Fund Application form and email it through to our Bookings Team with Confirmation of;
- Your Full Name;
- Date of Birth; and
- The course you would like to complete
- STEP 3 – Our Bookings Team will then confirm with BERT if you are a member and the amount of funding BERT will cover for your training (part or full cost).
- STEP 4- Depending on the funding amount approved in writing, an invoice will be created and sent through to yourself (if applicable) and BERT for payment.
- STEP 5 – Pay, enrol in your chosen course and complete the training/assessment.
- STEP 6 – Once your training/assessment is complete, our Team will then send through to BERT:
- A copy of your invoice;
- A copy of your Statement of Attainment/Qualification; and
- Your completed BERT Training Fund Application Form
For your funding to be released. Once release, your Statement of Attainment/Qualification will be on its way to you!
WHERE DOES THE FUNDING COME FROM?
BERT Training Fund receives annual financial disbursements from BERT and related trust funds. These funds are provided for the purposes of improving skills in the industry. Since inception, BERT Training Fund has received (and distributed) over $30 million in training funds to the Queensland construction industry.
HISTORY OF BERT
The Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) was established in 1989 to provide redundancy payments and benefits to its members and training grants for employees in Queensland and now also covers the Northern Territory building and construction industry.
The BERT Fund has the full support of the major employer associations and employee unions operating in the Queensland building and construction industry. The benefits paid from the Fund help provide members and their families with financial assistance in the event of ceasing employment because of redundancy or relief from financial burdens.