Articulated Haul Truck Operations
Articulated Haul Truck Operations
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO337D Conduct articulated haul truck operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO337E)
Our nationally recognised articulated haul truck operations course will give you the knowledge and skills to confidently operate a haul truck in the civil and mining construction industries. The purpose built rough terrain haul truck is one of the most common dump/haul truck you will see in the industry. Operation of a haul truck will see you utilizing the machine to its full capacity on many work sites loading, hauling and dumping materials.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
Our articulated haul truck operations course is nationally recognised and designed to give students the knowledge and practical experience to operate a haul truck within the civil construction and mining industries. At Ascent Training Solutions, our highly skilled trainers and assessors provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment and in some cases on a one-on-one basis.
The training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
An articulated haul truck is a large heavy-duty type of dump truck used to transport materials such as rock, sand and gravel over rough terrain.
This unit of competency will provide you with the necessary skills to plan and prepare a job, conduct pre-start and post operational checks, operate the dump truck in a safe manner, undertake haulage and dumping tasks and carry out maintenance checks and isolation procedures. The training will be provided by our highly skilled trainers through written and practical teachings at our onsite facility in Brisbane. The course content will include the following;
- Document articulated dump truck operations in a compliant way.
- Hazards, risks and environmental issues associated with operating a dump truck
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- The importance of communication and co-ordination with others in the workplace.
- Various operating techniques for changes in working conditions
- Limitations and capabilities of the articulated dump truck
- Before and after operational checks and shut down procedures
- Maintenance of the vehicle, identifying defects and reporting accordingly.
On successful completion of this training, applicants will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Documentation of articulated haul truck operations in compliance with work activities.
- Co-ordinate operations efficiently with co-workers by means of effective communication techniques.
- Apply safe work practices to avoid potential risks, hazards and environmental issues.
- Driving the vehicle under various site conditions and environments while understanding its capabilities and limitations.
- Positioning the dump truck for excavators and other loading equipment to precisely load the materials.
- Transporting materials in a safe manner to designated locations
- Site procedures relevant to the operating, maintenance and refuelling of the articulated haul truck.
- Comply with relevant Australian standards, codes of practice and site-specific instructions.
On successful completion of this course, Ascent Training Solutions will issue you with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and operator card that will allow you to safely operate an articulated haul truck across all terrains.
At Ascent Training Solutions, we provide you with the knowledge and skills to confidently operate a haul truck in the civil and mining construction industries. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready with hands-on real-world experiences to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbook training.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate an articulated haul truck.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)