*for students eligible for funding under the Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) program initiative
Courses available weekly
Call now while funding is still available
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Our Forklift Operations Course covers the functions required to prepare and operate a forklift truck to the standards set by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland/WorkCover Queensland. This unit involves planning tasks for working conditions, using the controls and operating systems to manage the operation of the equipment, locating the load and identifying the load characteristics, safely moving the load, monitoring the controls and stopping, shutting down and securing the equipment after the completion of operations.
Forklift operations requires a High-Risk Work Licence (HRWL) issued by Work Place Health and Safety QLD (WHSQ). Ascent Training Solutions has developed a high-quality detailed training course that prepares you to perform the operations of a forklift with a high importance on safety.
Ascent Training Solutions’ Forklift Truck course will give you the practical skills and knowledge necessary to safely operate a forklift truck while complying with all legislation requirements. This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons conducting high risk work.
A Forklift truck is a powered industrial truck that can beused to transfer materials over short distances. It is equipped with lifting media made up of a mast and an elevating load carriage, attached to that is a pair of fork arms or other arms that can be raised above the ground, 900 mm or more. Aforkliftdoes not include a pedestrian-operated truck or a pallet truck.
The training in its current form meets the standards specified in the state and territory licencing and unit of competency requirements.
Operating a forklift truck, firstly, involves the planning and preparation of the job followed by the task to be undertaken and finally the shut down procedures associated with the forklift. All of these activities will be taught by our highly qualified trainers through written and practical teachings at our on-site training facility in Brisbane. The course content will include, but not limited to the following aspects;
- Identifying work orders, assessing the work area and conducting site inspections relevant to workplace procedures
- Determining working load limits
- WHS/OHS legislation, codes of practice and standards to comply with
- Reporting hazard identification and control measures relevant to workplace procedures
- Site-specific traffic management plans
- Safe working procedures such as clear and concise workplans and environmental conditions
- Pre-start, operational and shut-down checks of the forklift
- Understanding manufacturer's instructions and specifications of the forklift and associated logbooks.
- Monitoring the weight and positioning of loads to avoid workplace hazards
- Communication procedures such as signage, hand signals and written instructions along with the importance of communication between co-workers in the workplace
On Successful completion of this unit, you will have the skills to demonstrate the following;
- Apply safe operating procedures from traffic management plans put in place
- Conduct visual inspections and carry out routine maintenance checks of a forklift
- Record and report all relevant information regarding the maintenance and operations of the forklift truck
- Understand the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety organisations, regulations and safe working procedures
- Conduct before and after operational checks and shut-down procedures to ensure the safe operations of a forklift truck and isolate any defective equipment
- Identify appropriate lifting attachments to complete various tasks
- Communicate effectively in the workplace with supervisors and co-workers and ensure appropriate methods of communication such as hand signals, signage and two-way radios are adhered to
- Driving, positioning and manoeuvring a forklift safely in forward and reverse gears and knowing its capabilities and characteristics
All aspects of this course are essential in completing your Forklift Truck training.On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck, which enables you to be eligible to apply for the HRWL licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
Our highly accredited trainers at Ascent Training Solutions will ensure you receive the highest level of training necessary to gain employment in various industries including construction, warehousing, manufacturing and much more.
This is a 5-day course involving high quality face to face training at our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
There are no pre-requisites for this course however, to undertake formal assessment and obtain a HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity )
We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. Full course feeis to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck making you eligible for a LF class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills toperform the operation of a forklift.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)