Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO325D Conduct scraper construction grader operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO325E)
Our Scraper course will provide you with the necessary skills to plan and prepare a job, operate a scraper from pre-start to shut down, couple machines, relocate the scraper between work sites, maintain the dozer and keep a clean work area.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands-on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
Our Scraper course is nationally recognized and designed to give students the knowledge and experience required to operate a scraper in the construction and mining industries specifically. At Ascent Training Solutions, we provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment and in some cases one-on-one.
The training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
The scraper is a large durable machine used for earthmoving consisting of a vertically moveable hopper, also known as a bowl, on the back with a sharp horizontal blade. The blade scrapes up the material as the machine moves forward forcing the material into the hopper, once the hopper is full the material is transported to the fill area for dumping.
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to plan and prepare a job, operate a scraper from pre-start to shut down, couple machines, relocate the scraper between work sites, maintain the dozer and keep a clean work area.
Our accredited trainers and assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training at our onsite training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings. The course material will include the following;
- Documentation of all aspects of scraper operations.
- Pre-start, maintenance and shutdown procedures of the equipment.
- How to operate a scraper including coupling with other operators.
- The importance of coupling in completing a task effectively and efficiently.
- Loading and transporting materials as efficiently as possible with minimum loss.
- Capabilities and limitations of the scraper and attachments.
- Identifying hazards and measures in place to control them.
- The use of various attachments and how to maintain them.
- Inspection of the machine and isolation procedures to follow if faulty.
- Relocation of the machine between worksites.
- Keeping a clean work area.
- Communication in the workplace especially with other operators, co-workers, and supervisors.
On successful completion of this course, students will gain the necessary experience and knowledge required to demonstrate the following;
- Comply with relevant legislation, policies and site instructions relevant to the operations of a scraper
- Conduct before and after operational checks and record defects accordingly
- Operate a scraper in a safe and efficient manner using various techniques
- Ability to choose and fit the appropriate attachments for the job in hand
- Identify risks, hazards, and environmental issues and apply the necessary control measures
- Communicate effectively with other operators specifically when coupling
- Complete construction scraper operations using many techniques including the stripping of materials, cutting and filling, spreading and coupling
- Knowledge of the different soil types and ground conditions
- Understand site plans and drawings
- Establish earthworks and safe working load calculations.
On successful completion of this course, you will issue you with a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment along with an operator’s card that can be used on all worksites across Australia.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainers at Ascent Training Solutions will provide you with the confidence and support necessary to gain employment across numerous sectors including construction and mining.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high-quality face to face and logbook training.
Onsite training and assessing are available at your company location, however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
The full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in the student handbook.
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment
- Personalized wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a scraper.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)