Backhoe Loader Operations
Backhoe Loader Operations
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO319D Conduct backhoe/loader operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO319E)
Our backhoe/loader operations course is nationally recognized giving you the skills to operate a backhoe/loader in the civil construction industry. The training will also qualify you for earth moving jobs in the mining, construction and agriculture industries.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands-on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
Our nationally recognized Backhoe Loader course is designed to give students the necessary skills, knowledge, and qualifications to safely conduct backhoe operations within the civil construction and earthmoving industries.
At Ascent Training Solutions we provide high-quality training in smaller classes and in some cases one-on-one, giving you sufficient time for practical training which is vital when working on job sites.
The training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
A backhoe loader is also known as a “digger” is a tractor like a machine that consists of a bucket on the front and a mechanical excavator on the back. They are very common on construction sites and can be used for transporting materials, digging holes, breaking asphalt and so on. The backhoe has numerous different attachments available extending the machines versatility across worksites.
This course will provide you with detailed training on how to plan and prepare a job, conduct operational and maintenance checks of the backhoe, transport materials using the various attachments, selecting the appropriate attachments for the task in hand, relocation of the backhoe between job sites and housekeeping activities.
The training will be taught at our onsite training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings, or alternatively, training can be provided at an outside location providing all necessary equipment is available. The course material will include the following;
- Documentation, work instructions and safety requirements relevant to the operations of a backhoe.
- Traffic management plans such as appropriate signage and signals
- Backhoe attachments and their suitability for the task in hand.
- Hazards, risks and environmental issues and measures used to control them.
- Operational checks including pre-starts and shut down procedures.
- Limitations, capabilities, and characteristics of the backhoe and various attachments.
- Communication within the workplace
- Calculations for estimating workloads.
- Reporting defective equipment and follow necessary isolation procedures.
On successful completion of this course, applicants will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Comply with relevant Australian standards, codes of practice and site-specific instructions and procedures such as JSA’s and safe work method statements.
- Ability to calculate safe working loads.
- Identify hazards and apply the necessary control measures.
- Conduct before and after routine checks of the backhoe and report any defects.
- Select and fit appropriate attachments for specific jobs.
- Understand the different soil types and compaction on construction sites.
- Backfilling, transporting materials, cutting/boxing, trench excavation and many more tasks that can be performed by the backhoe.
All components of this course, both practical and written are vital in completing your Backhoe training. On successful completion of this course, Ascent Training Solutions will issue you with a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment and operator card that will allow you to conduct backhoe operations across many worksites in Australia.
Our highly accredited trainers and accessors at Ascent Training Solutions will provide you with the guidance and confidence necessary to gain employment in various sectors specifically the Construction industry.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high-quality face to face and logbook training.
Onsite training and assessing are available at your company location, however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
The full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in the student handbook.
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment
- Personalized wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a Backhoe Loader.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)