Working at Heights Course
Working at Heights Course
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Our Working at Heights course is a one day nationally recognisedcourse that will give you the knowledge and skills to work safely at heights in a range of industries such as; construction, maintenance and mining.With a high emphasis on risk assessment and safety precautions this course will allow you to feel comfortable and confident to scale to greater heights.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Refresher and Verification of Competency (VOC) courses available.
Our nationally recognised Working at Heights training course provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to work safely at heights within a range of sectors including the construction, maintenance and mining industries.
Where precautions are not taken when working at heights, the results can be catastrophic causing personal injury and more. Hazards involved in the risk from working at heights include unstable or poorly maintained equipment, weather conditions, fragile roofs, voids, deterioration of materials, slopes and the vertical distance of a fall. Our Working at Heights training is delivered with an emphasis on risk assessment and safety precautions.
The training in its current form, meets the criteria set out in the state and territory licencing and unit of competency requirements.
The course content will teach you how to identify work requirements, procedures and instructions necessary to work safely at heights along with the installation of associated safety equipment. It will also give a detailed description of the various tasks performed when working at heights and finally the cleaning, maintaining and storing of relevant equipment.
Ascent Training Solutions has developed a detailed training course that will give you the confidence and assurance to work safely at heights through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane: This course material will include;
- WHS requirements and local government legislation and regulations.
- Potential hazards and risks associated with working at heights and the use of tools at height.
- Personal protective equipment requirements and maintenance
- Installation of safety systems along with the appropriate signage and barricades.
- Adjusting safety equipment during work in a compliant way
- Altering work practices and site conditions when needed and reassessing risk control measures accordingly.
- The importance of communication between supervisors and co-workers in the work place.
The successful candidate will have the knowledge and ability to demonstrate the following;
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control methods associated with working at heights.
- Interpret manufacturer’s specifications for safety equipment.
- Be compliant with safety systems and the nature of work performed at heights
- Comply with all relevant documentation and work procedures associated with working safely at heights.
- Interpret and apply technical and safety information when working at heights.
- Fitting of anchor fall protection and associated equipment
- Removing safety equipment when the task is completed and instructions on maintaining and storing tools and equipment.
All elements of this unit are essential in completing your Working at Heights course. On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment which enables you to work on jobsites across Australia.
Our highly skilled trainers and assessors at Ascent Training Solutions will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
A 1 daycourse involving high quality face to face trainingat our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course feeis to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to work safely at heights.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)