Water Cart Operations
Water Cart Operations
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO326D Conduct civil construction water cart operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO326E)
Our nationally recognised water cart or also known as water truck operations course will give you the knowledge and skills to operate a water cart in the civil construction industry. Water cart operations are undertaken on work sites for a variety of reasons, the training – whether on site or at our training yard – will meet the needs of your site or the simulated site requirements to adhere to project plans and environmental requirements. The use of a water cart often involves working in conjunction with other plant operators to ensure successful operations on site.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
Our nationally recognised water cart operations course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to operate a water cart across many industries in Australia especially, mining and construction operations. At Ascent Training Solutions, our flexible trainers provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment.
The training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
A water cart is primarily used on construction sites for dust control, compaction, irrigation and road construction. It consists of a tank with a sprinkler mounted on the front, side or back. Due to Australia’s climate, a water cart is essential on work sites for dust management to prevent environment hazards and more importantly the risk to people’s health.
This unit of competency will provide you with the necessary skills to plan and prepare the work, drive the water cart, conduct all operational checks, transport and distribute the water efficiently, maintain the machine and record any defects and perform the relevant housekeeping duties.
All aspects of this course are vital in preparing you for the safe operations of a water cart. Our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainers will provide you with the necessary training through written and practical teachings at our onsite facility in Brisbane. We can also provide training at an outside location provided all relevant equipment is available.
This unit of competency will include the following;
- Compliant documentation relevant to water cart operations
- The importance of risk and hazard controls specially for dust management
- Effective traffic management planning
- Routine operational checks and shut down procedures
- Operating a water cart safely and efficiently
- How to fill the water cart and transport and distribute water in an efficient manner
- Maintain equipment and report faults according to isolation procedures
- Effective written and verbal communication and reporting procedures
- Housekeeping duties including the disposal and recycling of materials
Once training has been completed, the successful candidate will have the ability to display the following;
- Document water cart operations in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Comply with relevant Australian standards, legislation and codes of practice within the workplace
- Conduct pre-start and shut down checks of the watercart and record defects if necessary
- Operate the watercart and make necessary adjustments due to site conditions
- Identify risks and hazards associated with water cart operations specifically dust management.
- Understand soil types and the importance of compaction due to moisture content
- Recognise the characteristics and capabilities of the various water pumps and water distribution systems
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure the work is completed in a timely manner
- Perform earthworks and safe working load calculations
On successful completion of this course, Ascent Training Solutions will issue you with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and operator’s card that will allow you to safely operate a water cart across many work sites within Australia.
Ascent Training Solutions will give you the confidence and assurance necessary to gain employment in a variety of industries especially the construction and mining industries.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbook training.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a water cart
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)