Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO317E Conduct roller operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO317F)
Conduct roller operations is a nationally recognised course that will give you the skills to operate a roller on a construction or building site. The training will also qualify you for jobs in the transport, mining, construction and agriculture industries.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
The purpose of our nationally recognisedRoller Operations course is to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to operate a roller onsite across multiple industries. At Ascent Training Solutions, our highly skilled trainers provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment.
This training in its current form, meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
Rollers are used for compacting materials through vibration, impact loading, kneading, and direct pressure. Depending on the project and the materials to be compacted, there are a variety of different rollers that can be used such as a cylindrical roller, a smooth wheeled roller, a vibratory roller to name a few.
Operating a roller involves planning and preparing roller operations, carrying out machine operating checks and maintenance, relocating the roller, and finally cleaning up.All aspects of this course will be taught at our training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings. The course details will include the following;
- How to operate a roller and select appropriate attachments
- Understand the different roller types and their characteristics
- Hazards, risks and environmental issues associated with all aspects of roller operations
- Appropriate personal protective equipment and emergency procedures
- Traffic management plan including signage requirements
- Conduct before, after and shut-down operational checks of the roller
- Relocation of the roller and relevant traffic management requirements
- Maintenance and clean up procedures of the roller and work area
- Isolation procedures and documentation of defective plant and equipment.
- Understand manufacturer's specifications and work instructions.
- Mathematical calculations relevant to the roller
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate the following when operating a roller;
- Record and maintain information regarding all roller procedures and operations.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers in the workplace and ensure the use of proper signs and barriers.
- Identify hazards, apply the necessary control measures and report accordingly.
- Understand the various soil types, compaction and ground conditions.
- Identify levelling and compacting techniques and use the appropriate attachments to complete the job.
- Recognise the capabilities and limitations of the roller
- Interpret site drawings and plans, and perform earthwork calculations
- Ensure allplant and equipment faults are verified and dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Comply with all safety legislation, Australian standards and site specific documentation relevant to the operations of a roller.
On successful completion of this course, you will have the ability to operate a range of different rollers in compliance with all relevant safety legislation. You will be issued with a nationally recognised statement of attainment, which will allow you to operate a roller on numerous worksites across Australia.
Ascent Training Solutions detailed training course will confidently prepare you for various employment roles within the construction, mining, agricultural industries and beyond.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 3 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbooktraining at our training yard in Brisbane.
Onsite training and assessing is available onsite at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbooktraining at our training yard in Brisbane.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course feeis to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a Roller.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)