Front End Loader
Front End Loader
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO321E Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO321F)
Our front end loader (FEL) course is nationally recognized, giving you the skills to operate a FEL in the civil construction industry. The training will also qualify you for earth moving jobs in the mining, construction and agriculture industries.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands-on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors Brisbane will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
- Australian standards, legislation and codes of practice.
- Procedures and techniques to follow when operating a front end loader.
- Routine pre-start checks and shut down procedures.
- Hazard identification and the relevant control measures.
- The various front end loader attachments for transferring loads effectively.
- Understanding the characteristics, capabilities and limitations of a loader
- Identifying and reporting faults according to isolation procedures.
- Effective communication between employees in the workplace.
- Characteristics of materials/soils being moved and choosing the right attachment for the specific job
- Relocation of the front end loader between worksites.
- General housekeeping tasks and maintenance of the machine.
- Identify hazards and apply control measures using the Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Conduct before and after routine checks to ensure the front end loader is safe to use.
- Use effective communication skills with supervisors and co-workers.
- Use of appropriate signals when transporting materials safely.
- Choose the correct attachments for the specific work being carried out.
- Backfilling, cutting/boxing, mixing materials and various other techniques when operating a front end loader.
- Knowledge of the different types of soil and their compaction.
- Calculate safe working loads.
- Report faulty equipment according to site isolation procedures.
- Comply with the relevant legislation, safety standards and site instructions.
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a wheeled front end loader.