Skid Steer/Bobcat Operations
Skid Steer/Bobcat Operations
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
(superseded by and equivalent to RIIMPO318F)
Our skid steer or also known as a bobcat loader operations course is a nationally recognized training program that will give you the skills to operate a skid steer/bobcat in the civil construction industry. The training will also qualify you for earth moving jobs in the mining, construction and agriculture industries.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors in Brisbane will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands-on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Verification of Competency (VOC) courses also available.
The purpose of the Skid Steer/bobcat course is to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to operate a skid steer in multiple sectors specifically construction and landscaping. At Ascent Training Solutions, our flexible trainers provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment.
This training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
A skid-steer loader is a small compact rigid-framed machine comprising of lift arms used to attach a wide range of tools and attachments. The main advantage of this type of loader is its manoeuvrability and size as it can be used in domestic work such as landscaping and driveways.
This course will give you detailed training on how to plan and prepare work, operate a skid steer loader, conduct routine checks, relocate the skid steer loader, maintain the loader and finally to perform housekeeping tasks. The training will be taught at our onsite training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings. Included in the course details are the following;
- Components and controls of a skid steer loader.
- Operating a skid steer loader and knowing their characteristics, capabilities and limitations.
- Hazard identification and control measures
- Routine checks and shut down procedures
- Reporting faults and isolation procedures
- Safety instructions including work method statements, material safety data sheets and emergency procedures
- Characteristics of materials/soils being moved and choosing the right attachment for the specific job
- Transferring loads safely by using relevant lifting gear and communication signals.
- Mathematical calculations for estimating work loads.
- Relocation of the skid steer between worksites
- Clean up of the work area and maintenance of the machine
On successful completion of this course, applicants will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Identify hazards and apply control measures using the Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Conduct before and after routine checks to ensure the skid steer is safe to use, refer to the logbook for previous faults
- Interpret site plans and charts and calculate safe working loads
- Use effective interpersonal communication skills with supervisors and co-workers in the work place.
- Effective communication techniques including hand signals and other designated signals.
- Choose the correct attachments for the specific work being carried out
- Backfilling, spreading materials, excavating and many other techniques used when operating a skid steer loader.
- Report defective plant and equipment and isolate according to site procedures.
- Comply with the relevant legislation, safety standards and site instructions regarding the operations of a skid steer loader.
On successful completion of this course, you will have the ability to safely operate a skid steer loader in a variety of different work environments. You will be issued with a nationally recognised statement of attainment allowing you to safely operate a skid steer loader across many worksites in Australia.
Ascent Training Solutions will give you the confidence and assurance necessary to gain employment in a variety of industries ranging from civil construction jobs to much smaller domestic jobs and more.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 3 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbook training at our training yard in Brisbane.
Onsite training and assessing is available onsite at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Depending on prior knowledge and experience, our courses are run over 2 - 5-days involving high quality face to face and logbook training at our training yard in Brisbane.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to operate a skid steer/bobcat.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)