Confined Spaces Course
Confined Spaces Course
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding available*
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
Our Confined Spaces course is a one day nationally recognised course that will give you the knowledge and skills to conduct risk assessments, enter and work in confined spaces and act as a standby person. This course is designed for those working in or around confined spaces. With a high emphasis on risk assessment and safety precautions this course will allow you to feel comfortable and confident to conduct work safely in confined spaces.
Our industry Trainers and Assessors will provide you with high quality, flexible and reliable training, giving you hands on real-world skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance in the industry. Our trainers and assessors will ensure you are site ready and have the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently undertake work in a range of working environments.
Refresher and Verification of Competency (VOC) courses available.
- Hazards and risks associated with all aspects of confined space operations
- Procedures for entry and exit into confined spaces
- Environmental management plan and protection requirements
- Emergency procedures for both you and the stand-by person
- Safety and regulatory requirements such as permits for entry into confined spaces
- Communication with the stand-by person and visual communication such as signage and barriers.
- Isolation procedures and tagging of a confined space
- Inspecting the area when work has been completed
- Maintenance of all tools and equipment and appropriate storing.
- Safely enter, conduct work and exit confined spaces including storage tanks, pressure vessels, pipes and sewer pump stations.
- Identify hazards and apply the necessary control measures to ensure the safety of all workers.
- Record and maintain information relevant to the entry and exit of confined spaces including safety data sheets and safe work method statements.
- Issue permits for confined space entry operations
- Understand the suitability of personal protective equipment in various confined spaces
- Ability to use atmospheric monitoring devices when working in a confined space
- Understand the effects of toxic gases and airborne hazards
- Knowledgeable of the capabilities, limitations and characteristics of safety equipment
- Communicate effectively with the stand-by person and ensure appropriate methods of communication such as signage and barriers are adhered to.
A 1 day course involving high quality face to face training at our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location however, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the requirements for assessment.
Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life construction jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Personalised wallet sized Operators Card with the unit of competency listed
- Industry knowledge and skills to enter and work in confined spaces.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)