SCAFFOLDING ADVANCED COURSE
SCAFFOLDING ADVANCED COURSE
*for students eligible for funding under the Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) program initiative
Courses available monthly
Call now while funding is still available
CPCCLSF4001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
Our Advanced Scaffolding Course will provide you with the complex skills and knowledge required to erect and dismantle scaffolding at an advanced level. This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons conducting high-risk work. As part of this course, you will be required to plan a job, select and inspect scaffolding equipment, set up a task, and safely erect and dismantle scaffold and scaffolding equipment. This will be taught by our highly qualified accredited trainers through written and practical teachings at our on-site training facility in Brisbane.
Our Advanced Scaffolding Course will provide you with the complex skills and knowledge required to erect and dismantle scaffolding at an advanced level. This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons conducting high-risk work.
The training in its current form meets the standards specified in the state and territory licensing and unit of competency requirements.
The course material will cover all scaffolding work at the basic and intermediate level and will include the use of hung and suspended scaffolds for licensing purposes.
A current class SB and SI High-Risk Work Licence is required as a pre-requisite for this course.
As part of this course, you will be required to plan a job, select and inspect scaffolding equipment, set up a task, and safely erect and dismantle scaffold and scaffolding equipment. This will be taught by our highly qualified accredited trainers through written and practical teachings at our on-site training facility in Brisbane. The course material will include;
- Identification of workplace hazards and the control measures necessary to ensure the safety of all workers and equipment.
- Selecting and inspecting scaffold and associated equipment according to with procedures and site instructions.
- Isolation procedures and documentation when reporting defective scaffolding and equipment.
- The use of safety equipment to erect and dismantle scaffolding safely at heights.
- Understanding the appropriate uses and limitations of tools and equipment for scaffolding purposes.
- The importance of communication in the workplace especially in dangerous situations.
- Understand the manufacturer's instructions and specifications regarding scaffolding equipment.
- Knowledge of the various soil types and ground conditions necessary for setting up plant and equipment
On successful completion of this unit, the candidate will have the knowledge and ability to conduct the following;
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control methods associated with all aspects of advanced scaffolding.
- Plan, erect and dismantle scaffolding according to procedures including the erection and dismantling of hung and suspended scaffolds.
- Knowledge of the various types of scaffolding and associated equipment and their applications.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers in the workplace particularly in situations of immediate and potential danger.
- Ensure appropriate methods of communication such as hand signals, signage, written instructions, and two-way radios
- Conduct compliance inspections of scaffold and equipment and complete handover certificates when needed
- Understanding of the relevant Australian standards, code of practice, legislation and site-specific documentation relevant to advanced scaffolding activities.
- Estimate and measure loads by using the appropriate mathematical methods.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks on all equipment and record accordingly.
All aspects of this course are vital in order to succeed in Advanced Scaffolding. On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF4001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level, which enables you to be eligible to apply for the HRWL license through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
Our highly skilled trainers at Ascent Training Solutions will ensure you have the skills and experience necessary to gain employment. Advanced scaffolders will have the option to work in various sectors, specifically the construction industry.
This is a 5-day course involving high-quality face to face training.
Onsite training and assessing are available at your company location. In such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
You must hold a valid Intermediate Scaffolding (SI) High-Risk Work Licence or Notice of Assessment.
To undertake formal assessment and obtain an HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity )
We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. The full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in the student handbook.
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high-risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF4001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level making you eligible for a SA class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High-Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding.