SCAFFOLDING INTERMEDIATE COURSE
SCAFFOLDING INTERMEDIATE COURSE
*for students eligible for funding under the Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) program initiative
Courses available fortnightly
Call now while funding is still available
CPCCLSF3001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
Ascent Training Solutions Intermediate Scaffolding course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary in planning and preparing, erecting and dismantling scaffolding safely in various working environments. Erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at an Intermediate level are the required outcomes of this course and will include the use and operation of Cantilevered cranes, loading platforms, spurred scaffolds, barrow ramps, sloping platforms, perimeter safety screens and shutters, Mast climbers and tube and coupler scaffolds for licensing purposes.
Ascent Training Solutions Intermediate Scaffolding course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary in planning and preparing, erecting and dismantling scaffolding safely in various working environments.
The training in its current form, meets the criteria set out in the state and territory licencing and unit of competency requirements.
Erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at an Intermediate level are the required outcomes of this unit and will include the use and operation of Cantilevered crane loading platforms and spurred scaffolds, barrow ramps and sloping platforms, perimeter safety screens and shutters Mast climbers, and tube and coupler scaffolds for licensing purposes.
A current class SB High Risk Work licence is required as a pre-requisite for this course.
We have established a high quality detailed training course that confidently prepares you for the construction and dismantling of scaffolding at an intermediate level in a safe and secure manner.
The material covered in this course will give the applicant the ability to plan a job, select and inspect equipment, set up a task followed by erecting and dismantling scaffold.
The training will be delivered at our onsite training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings including;
- Comply with all OHS licensing legislation, local government regulations and applicable standards and codes of practice.
- Hazard identification and control, addressing potential risks and hazards related to scaffolding at the intermediate level and implementing control measures.
- Procedures and site instructions when selecting and inspecting scaffolding equipment.
- Ability to erect and dismantle scaffolding safely at heights with the use of safety equipment.
- Conduct operational checks and isolate any scaffolding equipment that has been damaged.
- Information on the different soil types and ground conditions necessary for setting up plant and equipment.
- Work method statements, job safety analyses and appropriate documentation regarding the job site.
- Identifying appropriate communication methods within the workplace
The successful applicant will have the knowledge to demonstrate the following:
- Effectively erect different types of scaffold and scaffolding equipment associated with Intermediate scaffolding.
- Apply mathematical procedures to estimating load capabilities for various types of scaffolding construction.
- Familiar with structural charts and structural plans.
- Knowledge of techniques to erect, stabilise and dismantle scaffolding safely along with the uses and limitations of appropriate tools and equipment.
- Conduct inspections of scaffold and equipment in a compliant way
- Carry out routine maintenance repairs for scaffolding equipment
- Use effective communication within the workplace with supervisors, managers and other scaffolders.
- Interpret manufacturer’s instructions and specifications for plant and equipment.
All elements of this unit are vital in completing your Intermediate Scaffolding course. On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level, which enables you to be eligible to apply for the HRWL licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
This unit of competency, supervised by our accredited trainers at Ascent Training Solutions, will give you the tools necessary to gain employment in various sectors including construction, offshore drilling and more.
This is a 5-day course involving high quality face to face training at our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
You must hold a valid Basic Scaffolding (SB) High Risk Work Licence or Statement of attainment for the unit of competency CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level.
To undertake formal assessment and obtain a HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity )
We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level making you eligible for a SI class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991) More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here