SCAFFOLDING BASIC COURSE
SCAFFOLDING BASIC COURSE
*for students eligible for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding
Courses available fortnightly
Call now while funding is still available
CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
Our Basic Scaffolding course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding in various working environments. The basic level of erecting, altering and dismantling scaffolding are the specific requirements of this course, consisting of scaffolding work connected with the operation or use of cantilevered materials hoists with a maximum working load of 500kg, modular or pre-fabricated scaffolds, ropes, and gin wheels, safety nets and static lines, and bracket scaffolds (tank and formwork).
Our Basic Scaffolding course provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding in various working environments.
The training in its current form, meets the criteria set out in the state and territory licencing and unit of competency requirements.
The basic level of erecting, altering and dismantling scaffolding are the specific requirements of this course, consisting of scaffolding work connected with the operation or use of cantilevered materials hoists with a maximum working load of 500kg, modular or pre-fabricated scaffolds, ropes, and gin wheels, safety nets and static lines, and bracket scaffolds (tank and formwork).
Ascent Training Solutions has developed a high-quality detailed training course that confidently prepares the student for the construction and dismantling of scaffolding in a safe and secure manner.
The contents of this course require the applicant to have the ability to plan a job, select and inspect equipment, set up a task and to erect and dismantle scaffold and scaffold equipment. The following aspects are taught through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane;
- Comply with OHS licensing legislation and local government regulations
- Hazards and risks associated with all aspects of basic scaffolding
- Knowledge of the various soil types and ground conditions necessary for setting up plant and equipment.
- Work method statements, job safety analyses and other appropriate documentation regarding the site.
- Completion of handover certificates
- Identifying appropriate communication methods within the workplace
The successful candidate will have the knowledge and ability to conduct the following;
- Conduct before and after operational checks of basic scaffolding and tagging any scaffolding equipment that has been damaged to a height of 45 meters
- Set up fall arrest systems in order to work safely at heights.
- Application of risk assessments and hazard control strategies
- Ability to safely use bracket scaffolds, gin wheels, cantilever hoists, safety net, and static lines.
- Knowledge of mathematical procedures required to measure and estimate loads.
- Use effective communication with supervisors, managers and other scaffolders within the workplace
- Interpret the manufacturer’s specifications in order to safely erect and dismantle scaffolding.
All elements of this unit are essential in completing your Basic Scaffold course. On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level, which enables you to be eligible to apply for the HRWL license through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
Our highly skilled trainers at Ascent Training Solutions will provide you with the confidence and assurance necessary to gain employment in various industries including construction, and offshore drilling and more. This invaluable training is also a great stepping stone for moving up to intermediate and Advanced levels.
There are no pre-requisites for the basic level course however, you must be 18 years or older to partake in the assessment.
This is a 5-day course involving high quality face to face training at our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
There are no pre-requisites for this course however, to undertake formal assessment and obtain an HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity )
We also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. The full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in the student handbook.
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high-risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level making you eligible for a SB class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High-Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)