YELLOW CARD COURSE
YELLOW CARD COURSE
Courses available weekly
The Yellow Card training program is nationally recognised and has been developed in conjunction with regulators and industry personnel to cover not only the requirements of the unit, but also safety aspects, hazard evaluation, pre and post operational checks and recognition of the operation of an EWP. The Yellow Card training program will provide you with the skills and knowledge to safely operate an elevated work platform (EWP) boom type including, vertical Lift, scissor lift, trailer/truck mounted boom lift or Boom lifts under 11m.
The Yellow Card training program will provide you with the skills and knowledge to safely operate an elevated work platform (EWP) boom type including, vertical Lift, scissor lift, trailer/truck mounted boom lift or Boom lifts under 11m.
Ascent Training Solutions will provide the necessary training to enable students to safely perform duties associated with operating such elevated work platforms.
The Yellow Card training program is nationally recognized and has been developed in conjunction with regulators and industry personnel to cover not only the requirements of the unit, but also safety aspects, hazard evaluation, pre and post operational checks and recognition of the operation of an EWP.
All aspects of this course will be taught at our training facility in Brisbane through verbal, written and practical demonstration teachings. The course material will include;
- How to identify potential hazards and the appropriate measures used to control them.
- Conduct routine pre-start, operational and shut down checks.
- Logbook record keeping.
- Operate EWP’s under 11 meters according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Use of various devices in emergency situations such as a battery back-up pump, bleed valves, a hand operated pump and hydraulic accumulators.
- Understand Load Charts.
- Perform duties safely at heights including the use of appropriate tools.
- Personal Protective Equipment including the various types of harnesses available.
- Manoeuvre EWP’s in constricted areas and the ability to park safely.
On successful completion of this course, you will have the ability to carry out the following tasks;
- Plan operations using EWP’s under 11 meters
- Conduct operational checks according to site procedures on boom-type elevated work platforms
- Identify risks and hazards and apply safe work practices.
- Set up, operate and shutdown EWP’s in a safe and secure manner.
- Secure all aspects of the EWP.
- Attach a fall arrest harness to prevent falls from the platform.
- Establish emergency procedures in the event of a fall.
- Record pre-operational checks and faults in the EWP’s logbook.
- Comply with Australian standards, codes of practice and site instructions
On successful completion of the EWP Yellow Card training, you will have acquired the necessary skills to safely operate an Elevated Work Platform under 11 meters. Once training is complete, the Elevating Work Platform Association (EWPA) will issue you with a ‘Yellow Card’ which acknowledges the attainment of the EWPA Yellow Card Duty of Care Training Unit. This card provides evidence to your employer or future employers that you have undergone the relevant training which assists you to comply with WHS/OHS obligations.
The minimum age to operate an EWP under 11 meters is 14 years and 9 months.
Our highly skilled trainers and accredited assessors at Ascent Training Solutions will provide you with the confidence necessary to gain future employment in many industries including construction, warehousing, manufacturing and more.
Minimum age to obtain a Yellow Card is 14 years and 9 months. Students must also be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
Please note, applicants under 18 years of age will have a Restricted Yellow Card issued, marked with an R. The restriction will only allow the Operator to operate an EWP under direct supervision of an Unrestricted (over 18) Yellow Card holder of the same EWP class. When an operator turns 18 and has held their Restricted Yellow Card for 3 or more years (from the date of training), they will require refresher training before the EWPA will issue them with an Unrestricted Yellow Card. If a restricted operator turns 18 and is within the 3 year period, the operator will need to contact the EWPA to organize issue of an Unrestricted Yellow Card.
Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrollment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrollment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued with a ‘Yellow Card’ from Elevating Work Platform Association (EWPA)
- Industry knowledge and skills