The purpose of the Front End Loader course is to provide you with the competency to operate a front end loader in many sectors including the civil construction, mining and agricultural industries. At Ascent Training Solutions, our highly skilled trainers and assessors provide a detailed training plan for students in a small class environment.
A front end loader is a heavy equipment machine with a bucket at the front on an articulated arm. It can be used in construction for digging and loading various materials such as rock, sand, asphalt, pipe or gravel onto trucks. The bucket can both be permanently mounted or have a removable attachment where it can be replaced by another device or tool.
This training in its current form, meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
This course will give you detailed training on how to plan and prepare work, operate a front end loader, select and attach appropriate lifting gear, move a load safely, conduct routine checks, relocate the front end loader, maintain and inspect the loader, and finally to perform housekeeping tasks.
The training will be taught at our onsite training facility in Brisbane through written and practical teachings. The course content will cover the following;
- Australian standards, legislation and codes of practice.
- Procedures and techniques to follow when operating a front end loader.
- Routine pre-start checks and shut down procedures.
- Hazard identification and the relevant control measures.
- The various front end loader attachments for transferring loads effectively.
- Understanding the characteristics, capabilities and limitations of a loader
- Identifying and reporting faults according to isolation procedures.
- Effective communication between employees in the workplace.
- Characteristics of materials/soils being moved and choosing the right attachment for the specific job
- Relocation of the front end loader between worksites.
- General housekeeping tasks and maintenance of the machine.
On successful completion of this course, applicants will have the ability to demonstrate the following;
- Identify hazards and apply control measures using the Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Conduct before and after routine checks to ensure the front end loader is safe to use.
- Use effective communication skills with supervisors and co-workers.
- Use of appropriate signals when transporting materials safely.
- Choose the correct attachments for the specific work being carried out.
- Backfilling, cutting/boxing, mixing materials and various other techniques when operating a front end loader.
- Knowledge of the different types of soil and their compaction.
- Calculate safe working loads.
- Report faulty equipment according to site isolation procedures.
- Comply with the relevant legislation, safety standards and site instructions.
On successful completion of this course, you will have the ability to safely operate a front end loader in a variety of different work environments. Ascent Training Solutions will issue you with a nationally recognised statement of attainment, which enables you to work in many industries across the country.
Our highly qualified trainers and assessors will provide students with the confidence and assurance necessary to gain employment in a variety of industries specifically the construction and mining sectors,