RIGGING ADVANCED COURSE
RIGGING ADVANCED COURSE $843
RIGGING ADVANCED COURSE $843
Courses Available Monthly
CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging operations advanced level
Our Advanced Rigging Course covers all rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels and also includes rigging of gin poles, shear legs, flying foxes, cableways, guyed derricks, and structures, fabricated hung scaffolds and suspended scaffolds to ensure all requirements are met for licensing purposes.
Our Trainers and Assessors have a wealth of knowledge that comes from years of experience in the industry and will prepare you for life in the workforce. Our highly skilled and friendly trainers will conduct the rigging course in a way that makes you feel comfortable, confident and ready to get a job in the industry. We strive to provide real work conditions and teach you how to keep yourself and others safe.
The Advanced Riggers Course will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake activities related to advanced rigging. This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons conducting high-risk work.
This course covers all rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels and also includes rigging of gin poles, shear legs, flying foxes, cableways, guyed derricks, and structures, fabricated hung scaffolds and suspended scaffolds to ensure all requirements are met for licensing purposes.
The training in its current form meets the standards specified in the state and territory licensing and unit of competency requirements.
A current RI class High Risk Work Licence is required as a pre-requisite for this course.
The contents of this course require the applicant to have the ability to plan a job, select and inspect the equipment, task set-up and finally to erect and dismantle structures and plant. Below are some of them, but not limited to, aspects taught through written and practical teachings at our on-site training facility located in Brisbane;
- Calculate Safe Working Load (SWL), Working Load Limit (WLL) and interpret site information such as structural charts and plans.
- Erect and dismantle associated plant and structures in a safe manner including the correct application and use of all rigging and safety equipment.
- Application of risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Ensure problems and equipment faults are verified and dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Understanding the limitations of the different types and functions of rigging, safety and associated equipment.
- Effectively communicate with others in the workplace.
- Competent in the requirements, policies and procedures for rigging and have an understanding of the hazard identification hierarchy and control
- Interpret manufacturer's specifications regarding the inspection and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment.
- Set up plant and equipment by assessing ground bearing pressures of the full range of soil types and associated ground conditions.
On successful completion you will have the knowledge and ability to conduct the following;
- Hazards and risks associated with all aspects of operation
- Relevant Australian standards, code of practice, legislation and site specific documentation
- Forces and loads such as dead loads, static loads and dynamic loads
- Structures and associated plant
- Rigging and safety equipment including scaffolds, elevated work platforms, power and manually operated lifting gear safety harness and nets
- Ensure appropriate methods of communication such as hand signals, signage, written instructions and two-way radios
All elements of this course are extremely important to succeed in Advanced Rigging. On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced level, which enables you to be eligible to apply for the RA Class HRWL licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
Our highly skilled trainers and assessors at Ascent Training Solutions will provide you with the confidence and assurance necessary for future employment in the industry.
This is a 5-day course involving high quality face to face training.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location. In such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
You must hold a valid Intermediate Rigging (RI) High Risk Work Licence or Notice of Assessment.
To undertake formal assessment and obtain a HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity ) We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. Full course fee is to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
Payment plans are available through Humm formally known as Certegy Ezi-Pay, contact us for further details.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonored transaction, the enrollment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrollment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high-risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced level making you eligible for a RA class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills to conduct rigging operations at an advanced level.