RIGGING INTERMEDIATE COURSE
RIGGING INTERMEDIATE COURSE
*for students eligible for funding under the Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) program initiative
Courses available monthly
Call now while funding is still available
CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
Our Intermediate Rigging course builds on your basic rigging skills and knowledgeincluding with rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with dual lifts and demolition work for licensing purposes. Our Trainers and Assessors have a wealth of knowledge that comes from years of experience in the industry and will prepare you for life in the work force. Our highly skilled and friendly trainers will conduct the scaffolding course in a way that makes you feel comfortable, confident and ready to get a job in the Rigging industry. We strive to provide real work conditions and teach you how to keep yourself and others safe.
This course is intended to give you the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and complete intermediate rigging work in conjunction with Safe Work Australia’s National Standard for Licensing Persons conducting high risk work.
Intermediate Rigging builds on your basic rigging skills and knowledge along with rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with dual lifts and demolition work for licensing purposes.
The training in its current form meets the standards specified in the state and territory licencing and unit of competency requirements.
A current class RB High Risk Work Licence is required as a pre-requisite for this course.
The contents of this course will include the planning of a job, selecting and inspection of equipment, task set-up and finally to erect and dismantle structures and plant. The successful applicant will have the knowledge and ability to carry out the following;
- Calculate Safe Working Load (SWL), Working Load Limit (WLL) and interpret site information such as structural charts and plans.
- Erect and dismantle associated plant and structures in a safe manner including the correct application and use of all rigging and safety equipment.
- Application of risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Ensure problems and equipment faults are verified and dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Understanding the limitations of the different types and functions of rigging, safety and associated equipment.
- Possess interpersonal and communication skills suitable for their workplace environment.
- Competent in the requirements, policies and procedures for rigging and have an understanding of the hazard identification hierarchy and control
- Interpret manufacturer's specifications regarding the inspection and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment.
- Set up plant and equipment by assessing ground bearing pressures of the full range of soil types and associated ground conditions.
Our Trainers and Assessors at Ascent Training Solutions will prepare you for the written and practical assessments at our on-site training facility in Brisbane and will include the following aspects;
- Hazards and risks associated with all aspects of operation
- Relevant Australian standards, code of practice, legislation and site specific documentation
- Forces and loads such as dead loads, static loads and dynamic loads
- Structures and associated plant
- Rigging and safety equipment including scaffolds, elevated work platforms, power and manually operated lifting gear safety harness and nets
- Ensure appropriate methods of communication such as hand signals, signage, written instructions and two-way radios
On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level, which enables you to be eligible to apply for a RI class HRWL licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ).
You are also eligible to undertake an Advanced Rigging Course on successful completion of this course.
The licenced training enables you to gain employment in various industries including construction, mining, offshore drilling and more.
This is a 5-day course involving high quality face to face training at our training facility in Pinkenba, QLD.
Onsite training and assessing is available at your company location. However, in such cases, we would conduct an inspection of the equipment that will be used to ensure the safety and conditions of the equipment is ideal for on-site training and meets the WHSQ requirements for assessment.
You must hold a valid Basic Rigging (RB) High Risk Work Licence or Notice of Assessment.
To undertake formal assessment and obtain a HRWL you must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient (read and write) with basic English.
You will also be required to produce 3 forms of identification which should include a current photo ID. ID requirements can be found at https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity ) We would also require the candidates to wear basic PPE such as hi-vis, safety helmet, boots (preferably steel capped) and wear sun protection during the training.
Any medical problems or health conditions are required to disclosed before training commences.
A $200 non-refundable booking fee is to be paid prior to the course to secure your spot. Full course feeis to be paid prior to the commencement of formal assessment.
All payments can be made using Direct Debit, Visa, or Mastercard. In the case of a failed payment or dishonoured transaction, the enrolment of the candidate will be suspended. In such cases, you can seek a transfer to another course.
You can find more information about our booking process, enrolment and payment policies in student handbook.Refund Policy
Kindly refer to our student handbook for more information on our refund policy.
Our focus is not limited to providing you with industry knowledge and developing the required skills. We ensure you have the confidence and capability to apply the knowledge and skills to real life high risk jobs.
On successful completion:
- You will be issued a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level making you eligible for a RI class HRWL license.
- LHRW Assessment Summary – AS1 form to apply for your High Risk Work Licence through Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Industry knowledge and skills to conduct rigging operations at an intermediate level.
Subsidies are available for eligible candidates through Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). CSQ is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. CSQ provides funding for QLD based eligible workers as specified in the Building and Construction industry (portable Log Service Leave Act 1991 (link to https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/pdf/inforce/current/act-1991-090 )
More information regarding subsidised training courses and eligibility can be found here (link Here to https://ascenttrainingsolutions.com.au/construction-skills-queensland-csq-courses/.)